Understanding successful real estate agents and their work habits is an important part of Powerhouse Realty’s culture. We encourage career growth and finding individual success, especially in today’s changing digital landscape. With such a high emphasis on success, our agents are the best of the best, and for many reasons!
Successful Real Estate Agents & Technology
With technology, marketing and advertising becoming an important part of a real estate agent’s career, many are curious about the habits of successful real estate agents. What do they do on a daily basis? How do they run their businesses?
Using a number of resources and studies, including our own successful agents, an ActiveRain survey of over 1500 real estate agents and the 2012 InmanNext Connect Survey, we’ve created a powerful list; The 10 Secrets of Highly Successful Real Estate Agents.
Income of A Successful Real Estate Agent
Before we list out our findings, we would like to differentiate successful a rich real estate agent and a struggling real estate agent. According to this blog, a successful real estate agent is one who is earning over $100,000 per year. A struggling real estate agent is one who is earning under $35,000 per year.
The The 10 Secrets of Highly Successful Real Estate Agents
So what’s the secret to a successful real estate agent earning over $100,000 per year? Successful real estate agents are:
- 54% More Likely To Use Email Newsletters – One thing successful real estate professionals have in common is consistency when it comes to keeping in touch with current and past clients. Email newsletters are one way they are able to do this.
Email newsletters are great options for a number of reasons. First, they allow you to keep in touch with clients regularly and can be scheduled months and even years in advance.
Second, they allow successful agents to showcase their success and their business knowledge. From closings to new partnerships, to tips and tricks, email newsletters are a great way to remind clients of what you do and how good you are at doing it.
- 87% More Likely To Use CRM – Managing your client relationships and nurturing your database is one of the MOST important parts of building a successful real estate business. However, no one can do that without help. That is where a CRM or a customer relationship manager comes in. Used religiously, a CRM can allow real estate agents to keep track of every person they meet including current clients, past clients, other agents and vendors.
A CRM is important for many reasons. It allows successful agents to create marketing systems to reach important contacts. It also allows successful agents to remember when and why they contacted someone. Most importantly, it reminds them to contact a client again. Lastly, real estate focused CRMs can actually help real estate professionals keep track of important tasks in the home buying and selling process.
- 54% More Likely To Use IDX Website With Listing – Allowing home buyers to search your website for real estate listings is a proven way to get new clients. Before IDX, real estate professionals could only allow website visitors to search their listings or their office listings. Today, IDX allows website visitors to search all the listings in the Arizona MLS.
This is an investment that is well worth the money. Many times, website visitors will land on your website because they were looking for a home that maybe listed by another agent, now you can capitalize on that opportunity.
- 153% More Likely To Use An Assistant To Help With Advertising – Real estate agents, successful ones, have to wear a number of hats including contract writing, marketing, continuing education, networking, etc. Many times, this can be overwhelming and stressful, so much so that small tasks can consume time and hinder success.
Successful real estate agents realize that time is money and they make sure to put aside a percentage of their income so that they can hire an assistant. These assistants are utilized to take care of small tasks like advertising, social media marketing and CRM management.
- 173% More Likely To Use Internet Advertising – With an astounding 90% of homebuyers searching for real estate online, internet advertising is a marketing technique that cannot be ignored. Successful real estate agents utilize real estate advertising to show up in search engines and on other real estate websites for their targeted keywords and locations.
- 35% More Likely To Blog – Successful real estate agents blog. Today’s blog is more important than ever because you are not only writing for your potential client, but you are also writing for search engines.
Without blogs real estate agents will not show up in search engines. If they don’t show up in search engines then the 90% of home buyers who use the internet to find homes will not find them. Blogging a minimum of 1 to 2 times per week is imperative to online lead generation for the successful real estate agent.
- 78% More Likely To Use Online Video – Real estate clients are very visual. They are getting ready to buy or sell the most important investment in their lives. They want to see video, images and graphics to help them find and sell their home. Successful real estate agents understand this! This is why so many of them spend time creating and uploading video to their websites and video sharing sites.
Successful real estate agents upload videos on a number of topics including client testimonials, virtual tours, home buying tips, home selling strategies and more.
- Spend 10x More On Marketing – The old saying, “you got to spend money to make money” rings true when it comes to real estate agents and marketing. Successful agents spend money on marketing because they know it will bring them more business. The ROI of a marketing budget can be seen in the fact that successful real estate agents, who consistently spend money on marketing, bring home $100,000 per year or more.
- Spend 6x More On Technology – If you talk to home buyers and sellers one thing rings true, they are more likely to hire an agent who has a smartphone and a tablet. Today, technology says that “I know what I’m doing”, “I’m understand the latest trend” and “I work fast and efficiently”. Knowing that a real estate agent has the ability to communicate quickly and effectively is one reason tech savvy agents win more listing presentations than those who are behind on technology.
- Getting Support And Training From Their Brokers – Finally, one thing we noticed about successful real estate agents is that they spend less time in their broker’s office and more time telecommuting. However, the one broker related thing they attribute to their success was not commission, but support. Real estate brokers who provided their time, support and resources are more likely to have successful real estate agents on their rosters.
Powerhouse Realty Nurtures Successful Real Estate Agents
Are you ready to take your real estate career to a more rewarding level. At Powerhouse Realty, we hold you accountable for your real estate career. We encourage you to get out of your comfort zone and reach career goals. If you are ready for change, our 90 Day to Success program can take your career from 0 to 100.
Contact us today for a confidential interview on how you can be a successful real estate agent.